Aaron Lockwood | Education & Training Director
The role of Director of Education and Training is to work with the office team to develop the programme of activities that benefit the membership around education and training.
This role is specific to the GESGB.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a council member, duties of the Director to Education and Training include the following:
- Developing a programme of field trips, training courses and education resources which respond to the needs and wants of the membership. Working with the office team to respond to member feedback and networking within the industry to secure the best speakers and trainers.
- Is responsible for developing further income generating opportunities and initiatives that build the societies education and training programme.
- Field trips: At least 2 per year, one of which should be related to any upcoming OGA licence round.
- Courses: A minimum of 3 “Night School” courses per annum Courses can be one day or up to five days depending on the topic and the memberships interest in the topic.
- TPP: Training Partner Programme, continue to develop this as it is the future of the Education Programme
- Liaises with the Young Professionals regarding the University outreach programme. This involves coordinating with the office and using contacts to secure opportunities within universities for visits to promote the society to students.
- Attends and reports to Council on the Earth Science Teachers Association Conference and develops organisational support for the promotion of grassroots geology.
Contact Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org